...SiqueCountry...

...a world filled with depth of thought and simple (or complex) silliness...kids, men (loved and lost), school, work, play, politics, religion, anime (and hentai), cartoons and video games; private thoughts and public rants...welcome.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

A woman ahead of her time and for all time...I come before you strangely familiar...mother, former wife, friend, future wife, daughter...i shoot straight by way of riddles and can make boiling water a exercise of physics...carry a conversation from ed, edd and eddie to la blue girl, NFL to NRA, Jesus to Judas and everything in between. I'm an observer, and though I try not to judge I don't regret doing it...I listen with sincerity and very little shocks me...but many things surprise me. Let me entertain you, bored you, insult you, encourage you, make you laugh, make you think, make you cry, make you curse, and make you...well, let me tell you my story, a post at a time...

Thursday, March 31, 2005

...He has called her to peace...

Terri Schiavo passed away today...quietly and with grace, or as much grace as one can have when they are being starved for days...

...but still, graceful...which is less than I can say for the other players in this drama...

...this story was chocka block of fighting and accusations, of desperation and despair...and court and medical bills that would make Bill Gates gag...

...but it brings me to think...what if she could have known what was around her ?

...would she have been happy that Michael found a way to balance his new life and his former one with a woman who couldn't react to him...?

(say what you want, dear reader....he stood by her a long time in that state, longer than most men I know would stay by an responsive mate...and he's footing the bill!)

...would she be sad that her parent suffered with the fact that they couldn't save her...

...from anorexia...from the heart failure...from the state she would find herself in for the next 15 years...?

...would have been proud of the protesters fighting her cause?

...would she roll her eyes and shake her head at the senator who specializes in tele-diagnosing?

was she relieved as she felt herself slipping away ? or did she tried to fight it for as long as she could?

I don't know...

what I do know is that she is getting a well earned rest...

and now if only the media would give it a rest then we could all heal...




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home